GNS Strategic Plan 2019-2023
Gymnastics Nova Scotia Statement of Mission: To provide and promote the opportunity for everyone in Nova Scotia to experience the sport of gymnastics in a safe, encouraging and inclusive environment.
To best achieve this mission, GNS has identified a set of targets under the following five areas of focus for the upcoming 5-year period:
- Fill and maintain a complete and diverse Board of Directors
- Improve functioning of program committees
- Target corporate sponsorship
- Increase savings in the form of a reserve fund
COMMUNICATION / MEMBER ENGAGEMENT
- Revitalize annual Symposium by combining with AGM and Gymnaestrada demonstration
- Create and maintain a resource bank (by user-type) on GNS website
- Create 1-page info graphic on ‘What GNS Does For You’
- Maintain open communication by hosting bi-monthly and quarterly conference calls for Club Representatives and Recreational Leads, respectively.
- Continue to provide foundation level coaching courses
- Actively recruit career coaches to NS
- Provide sufficient LF course/certification opportunities (Comp. 1-3)
- Increase number of level 4 coaches by 2
- Ensure LF and evaluator succession occurs
- Each Program Committee to run one judge training/certification or challenge opportunity (T&T) annually
PROGRAMS / OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
- Inclusion: become the resource and education vehicle for high quality programming for groups with diverse needs (physical and mental disabilities, newcomers, LGBTQ2).
- Bid to host T&T Nationals in 2021 or 2023
- Complete Safe Sport Policy Alignment with Gymnastics Canada/National Policy, actively distribute prevention and policy resources as they become available
- Initiate Project Gymnaestrada as a “Gymnastics for All” and sport promotion tool
- Research and promote model for Seniors Gymnastics programming
- Create a province-wide database of available recreational programs for analysis
- Continue to fund HP athletes
- Continue to successfully implement Tumblebugs programming as per previous cycle
CLUB GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Establish resource section for start-up, and developing clubs on website
- Promote and provide resources for clubs on daytime programming potential (Parent & Tot, Seniors, School-age field trips as gymnastics curriculum requirement)
- Promote and facilitate cross-sport partnerships (facility-sharing and/or cross-training opportunities) as potential income generator for growing clubs
- Pair developing clubs with established clubs for mentoring where appropriate
The GNS Board of Directors shall use this strategic plan to guide its programming,using annual assessments to track progress. This set of strategic goals shall be reevaluated at the conclusion of the five-year term.