Gymnastics Nova Scotia
Gymnastics Nova Scotia is inviting applications for the full-time position of TECHNICAL DIRECTOR. This position will involve work with other staff, volunteers and member clubs in the areas of Coaching, Athlete and Club Development. This is a MULTI-DISCIPLINE position aimed at the development of Men's Artistic, Women's Artistic and Trampoline Gymnastics. The position will mainly be located at the Gymnastics Nova Scotia office at the Sport Nova Scotia building in Halifax, Nova Scotia with the ability to work from other areas in the province. Gymnastics Nova Scotia is able to offer this position through the financial assistance from Sport Nova Scotia's Support 4 Sport Program.
- Manage the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
- Coordination and management of development programs
- Coordination of attendance of club visits and competitions
- Coordination of the annual GNS Gymnaestrada and the GNS Symposium/Congress
- Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors
Qualifications and Experience:
- NCCP Comp Dev certification in at least one discipline (or able to have certification complete within 12 months). Willingness to become certified in other disciplines would be an asset
- Standard First Aid Completed
- Thorough knowledge of the International Gymnastics Federation Code of Points and Canadian Competition Models for all ages, levels and disciplines.
- Understanding and acceptance of the principles of the Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) Model.
- Coaching experience in all three disciplines
- Competitive gymnastics experience
- Experience with organizing and administering gymnastics programs at a club, provincial or national level
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- The ability to multi-task
- Self-motivation, confidence and positive attitude
- Knowledge of the structure of gymnastics in Nova Scotia and gymnastics in Canada
This position is 35 hours/week with a salary of $60,000 plus benefits. A full job description can be viewed here.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Gymnastics Nova Scotia, 5516 Spring Garden Rd, 4th Fl, Halifax, NS B3J 1G6
Phone: (902)425-5450, ext. 338 Email: [email protected]
Gymnastics Nova Scotia will accept applications until a successful candidate is named.